During the Lab’s Safe and Stable Mode, please note the following changes to Site & Building Access:
- Blackberry Gate: Open 24/7 to those with badges – no prior approvals are required for site access. For vendor and rideshare access, call the SOC at (510) 486-6999
- Pedestrian Gate: 7AM-6PM
- Grizzly Gate: EXIT ONLY M-F 7AM-6PM
- Strawberry Gate: CLOSED
- Building Access: Weekend operations (badge swipe required for most building/room access)
Visitors are generally administered through an automated visitor management system. Berkeley Lab departments can sponsor visitors in advance by completing the Visitor Pass Request Form. Access requests for visitors who are foreign nationals are screened in compliance with DOE requirements.
- Any Berkeley Lab employee may request site access for a prospective visitor.
- A Berkeley Lab employee who extends an invitation to a prospective visitor becomes the Laboratory host for that visitor, and the employee’s division becomes the host division. Employees hosting a visitor must advise the prospective visitor of any Laboratory site-access policies and procedures applicable to the visit. Responsibility for compliance with applicable Laboratory policies and EH&S regulations and requirements of the University of California (UC) and the Department of Energy (DOE) extends from the Laboratory host and hosting division to the short-term visitor or affiliate.
- All visitors driving a vehicle to the Laboratory must obtain a temporary parking permit for the duration of their stay. Temporary parking permits are issued at each gate or obtained via the Visitor Pass System.
- All visitors driving a vehicle on the Lab must produce a valid driver’s license for entry.
- All visitors will be required to show valid photo identification, provide citizenship information, produce a visitor pass, and/or be confirmed on the Daily Gate Access List.
- Visitors arriving at the gate without a pre-printed pass, or not on the Gate List, will remain in the gate area while their host is contacted for approval.