During the next phase of the Lab’s Transition Mode, employees deemed essential to the operations of the Lab, the Badge Office will be open by appointment during the hours below only:
- Mondays: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
To reserve an appointment, all staff must receive the required Supervisor authorization before trying to go onsite. Email the authorization to Site Access ([email protected]), to have an appointment scheduled. Any staff experiencing badge issues can also email [email protected], or call the Site Operations Center at 510-486-6999 for assistance while on site.
The Berkeley Lab badge serves a dual purpose: as an identification badge and as a Berkeley Lab access card. Badges are issued upon verification of employment or affiliate status, and are programmed according to status.
Badges with expiration dates are automatically deactivated upon completion of the appointment. Upon termination of employment or affiliate status, the badge must be returned to the Site Access Office. All lost or stolen badges must be reported to the Site Access office as soon as possible.
- Badges are issued at the Site Access Office for all LBNL employees, users, and affiliates.
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Mondays, by appointment only
- 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Wednesdays, by appointment only
- 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Fridays, by appointment only
For information about gaining access to card-access controlled doors, visit our Building and Room Access page.