The results of Tuesday’s election may not be known immediately, which can cause anxiety for many, and some communities are preparing for the possibility of civil unrest. In the unlikely event that our facilities are impacted, the Lab is taking prudent steps to prepare. In the event of protests or civil unrest in our communities due to the results of Tuesday’s election, there will be some changes to operations both at the Lab and on the UC Berkeley campus until further notice:
- UC Berkeley police will increase its presence on campus and at the Lab.
- The Lab will increase security officer staffing and patrols at the Lab’s main site.
- If civil unrest impacts access to the Blackberry Gate, you will be notified which gate to use to enter or exit the Lab.
- If there is an emergency or a need to close the Lab, LabAlert, and email will be used to communicate information. Please sign up for LabAlert so you can receive the latest information.
- Continue to monitor your email, status.lbl.gov, 1-800-445-5830, or [email protected] for changes to the Lab’s status.
If you are working on the main site this week, please secure your workspace and research as appropriate when you leave each day in the unlikely event of a near-by disturbance that would make it difficult to return to the Lab the following day.