Site Access Controls Measure Changes
All gates and LBNL buildings with exterior badge readers on the main site will be badge access 24/7 with two access levels, Core hours and Off hours. Core hours will be Monday-Friday from 0600am-0800pm. Off-hours will be Monday-Friday from 0800pm-0600am and all-day Saturday and Sunday. All LBNL badge holders will be granted Core hours access to their badge access profiles, this will give them Core hour access to all badge access buildings Monday-Friday. LBNL badge holders with current Off-hour access will continue to have this access. If an LBNL badge holder needs to add Off-hour access they can email their Security Access Manager (SAM) or direct supervisor and make the request to have Off-hour access added to their badge profile. Employees are also asked to wear their badge while on site.
Security Advantages and Support
- Access control changes will improve LBNL badge holder safety while performing work at LBNL properties and allow monitoring to ensure we are not exceeding our approved activity levels
- In an emergency situation the card reader data can assist with determining who accessed the building or assist with contact tracing if there is a potential exposure.
- Improves security site-wide and addresses existing vulnerabilities to our most important assets and research.
- Security Operations Center (SOC) is available 24 hours per day to assist with access control issues due to badge access system challenges. LBNL badge holder will need to call the SOC @ ext.6999 for assistance.
- All access issues will be reported to Site Access office to improve LBNL badge holders experience and improve overall security access program requirements.
- For badge office appointments please email [email protected]
- The SAM list by Division can be accessed here: